Friday, September 20, 2013

Top 5 greatest Kennedy Center Honors performances!

I know you're probably thinking, what the... But just stay with me. If you know me, you know that I can get sucked into youtube so easily. I'll start by clicking on a link or watching one video, and the next thing you know, it's 3 a.m. This has happened at least once a month for the last couple of years. I just can't stop! It's not just one kind of video either, the other night I watched "best of Seahawks" clips for 45 minutes. I've never watched a Seahawks game in my life, I couldn't think of that one players name and instead of Richard Sherman or Russel Wilson, I could only think of Russel Simons. Not the same person. Anyway, I still spent almost an hour watching this nonsense.

What I'm about to show you isn't nonsense. Some of these performance I've watched 30 or 40 times. Take a couple minutes and watch them. These clips have everything--crying, laughing, presidents dancing, and Jon Stewart.

1. Bruce Springsteen...sigh (and swoon)
Jon Stewart introduces him and it's really funny and really touching and just pretty much perfect.


Eddie Vedder sings My City of Ruins. This is also great and haunting.


2. Paul McCartney. 
I don't particularly care for No Doubt's performance, and I was a big No Doubt fan. The first CD I every purchased was Tragic Kingdom. Also, my mom insists that President Obama loves No Doubt. I tried to find some proof of this, and I actually did. It's just really bizarre to me. I still recommend skipping ahead to 2:40. I really, really enjoy this whole set.


3. Led Zeppelin

The final Kennedy Center Honors clip comes from last year's ceremony. I actually watched this one as it aired...and then re-watched it a bunch once it was on youtube.
I think as far as single performances go, this is the best of the bunch. 


Hope you end up watching these as many times as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...