Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Brief Musical Interlude: Tame Impala


Love "Elephant" by Tame Impala. Not crazy about the video though. Doesn't it feel sort of like a missed opportunity to you? I mean, I get that it's cool and trippy and retro, but I'm not sure the video is adding anything to the song. I feel like it should. 

I've heard a lot of people comparing Tame Impala (and this song in particular) to the early Beatles, and Tame Impala cites The Beatles as an influence on their work. Being that my Beatles frame of reference is basically my mom's 45 of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand," I'm not sure I hear The Beatles in "Elephant." But some of their other songs seem a bit more Beatle-y. Then again, what do I know about anything beyond the fact that they're quirky (in a non-annoying way) and funny and I like their music?

Dang. This all seems so grumpy. Forget the above. Enjoy this psychedelic little vid and have a lovely morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...