Friday, August 9, 2013

Best of wallpaper


First up Collette by Sandberg. This horse wallpaper is from the UK. I first found this on Pinterest, and I'm really hooked on it. Horses played a huge part in my childhood. Not only were the Nicolai sisters proud owners of a POA named Junior (and Sully, Domingo, and Abba), but we also played with our Breyer horses when we didn't want to play with our real horses. Geez, when I put it like that, we sounded real spoiled--we weren't, we just kind of grew up on a mini farm with farm-raised parents. To this day, I still get giddy when I see new Breyer horses...it's kind of embarrassing, and I can't control it!
I'm trying to figure out how to use this in either my laundry area (the Brits call it the scullery!) or my bedroom. This paper is a wee bit pricey at $95/roll. The print comes in black, brown, burgundy, and blue. Blue is my favorite, obvi...


Next up is this whimsical gold moon print. I would love this in my bedroom. It's from Bartsch in Paris. It's also €149 (yikes!), and it's called Moon Crescents. This wallpaper seems like it would work for any age group.


Cat wallpaper. I could stop right there. There is nothing I can say that will make this anymore awesome. Cat. Wallpaper. You can get it at Anthropologie for $198. You need to add the adhesive which seems like a pain. What happened to soaking your roll to activate the glue!?! Come on people. Still, cat wallpaper!

Decisions, decisions! Do you have a clear favorite out of the group? I haven't decided what to get, and I'll probably keep looking. I'll let you know what I end up doing. Christine blogged about wallpaper a while back...that magnetic wallpaper looks pretty nifty!

1 comment:

  1. Growing up with horses that you take care of yourself (mucking stalls, grooming, training, cleaning tack, sweeping the barn aisle, holding when the farrier and vet visit, caring for wounds and flies, feeding and watering) is not "spoiled".

    My city parents gave us this same opportunity to learn responsibility when they moved us from our city house in Portland to 11 acres in Sherwood (Oregon). We all LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...