Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I came here to chew bubblegum and kick some ass.

There are many things to admire about Iceland. Here are a few of my favorite lovely little treasures that
I can't seem to get enough of...and then of course, there's the coffee!

Egg trays. The US is lagging a bit. First purchase when I'm back on US soil, egg trays.

Side note: The eggs in Iceland are far beyond even the freshest of eggs available in the US. This is strange to me, and I don't quite understand it. I have never seen a chicken in Iceland. These yokes are dark and yellow/orange and oh-so-delicious. This is our second dozen (well, the first was a pack of 10...who sells eggs in 10's?).


I became smitten with the graffiti in Iceland last year when we visited. Olympia's got nothing on Reykjavik. I think I might make this into a poster and hang it up at home...or maybe work?


This rug. Oh, this rug. At first, I was disgusted with this rug. I wondered how clean it was. I mean how clean can you possibly get a rug like this? I'm guessing it gets a good shaking every once in a while, but there's no laundering this kind of rug. You see, all of those elongated nodules are mini wool towers. They're extremely felted and are fun to walk on. I like it. Also, they remind me of that scene in The Little Mermaid when Ursula squeezes that little sea creature and uses it as lipstick. Do you know what I'm talking about? I have a feeling that if you're here, reading this blog, then you absolutely know what I'm talking about.


Lastly, I love free treasures. Free treasures are my favorite part of any vacation. I don't care if it's San Francisco, Iceland, Spokane, or my mom's house, free treasures make up the best memories. I find and keeps little lovelies I find. They represent a specific memory for me that I can always recall the second I look at them. This little pine cone might become a necklace, or it may find a home in a shadowbox on my wall. Whenever I look at it, I'll remember walking along Reykjavik's Secret Garden of Sculptures with Nicholas, drinking my Coca Cola Lite and how everything seemed incredibly perfect.
Don't worry sisters, I'll bring home some little lovelies for you too! (It's a Nicolai thing).

PS The butter here is like the best butter that probably exists in the entire word.
It's worth the USDs to come to Iceland for the butter. For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...